Acting Naturally's Youth Company to perform at Theatre 71 in NYC 1/19 @7:00pm
AUDITIONS: The Diary of Anne Frank written by (Frances Goodrich and Albert Hackett, newly adapted by Wendy Kesselman)
Auditions: Tuesday, January 22nd @7:00pm email wendy@ActingNaturally.com or call 267.798.9165 for an audition slot. Monologues if you have one, cold readings from the script. Bring picture & resume'
Shows: April 5th 8:00pm, April 6th 4:00 & 8:00pm, April 7th @ 2:00pm, April 12th 8:00pm, April 13th 4:00 & 8:00pm, April 14 @ 2:00
- Anne Frank– Precocious, intelligent, charming and funny. Youngest daughter of Frank and Edith Frank. Age range: 13-15 years old
- Otto Frank– Modest, contemplative and thoughtful. Father to Anne and Margot and husband to Edith Frank. Anne sees him as one of her greatest confidants. Age range: 50s
- Edith Frank– A peacemaker and voice of reason. Mother to Anne and Margot and wife to Otto Frank. Sometimes at odds with her youngest daughter Anne. Age range: 40s to early 50s
- Margot Frank– Quiet, studious, humble and eager to please adults. Anne’s older sister. Age range: 16 to 18 years old
- Miep Gies– Compassionate, youthful and kind. Helped to conceal the inhabitants of the secret annex. Works with Mr. Kraler in the office below the Secret Annex. Age range: 20s to 30s
- Peter Van Daan– Shy, reserved, honest and sweet. Becomes Anne’s confidant and romantic interest. Son of Mr. and Mrs. Van Dann. Age range: 15-17
- Mr. Van Dann– Opinionated, pragmatic and at times egotistical.Business partner with Otto Frank and father to Peter. Age range: Late 40s to early 50s
- Mrs. Van Dann– Friendly, egotistical, a flirt, at times petty and disagreeable. Mother to Peter. Age range: 40s to early 50s
- Mr. Dussel– A dentist who joins the families in the secret annex. Religious, selfish, controlling and likes to lecture. Age range: 40s, 50s early 60s
- Mr. Kraler– Compassionate, reserved and analytical. Helped to conceal the inhabitants of the secret annex. Works in the office with Miep below the secret annex. Age range: Late 30s, 40s, 50s
FREAKY FRIDAY Auditions
Ages 13+ for Freaky Friday 1 act Musical - workshop registration is now open - Cost is $325.00 everyone who registers receives a role.
Auditions for all roles email Wendy@ActingNaturally.com
Male Roles: Fletcher, Caspian, Mike, Adam, Parker, Wells, Gordan, Louis, Dr. Ehrin, Blumen, plus
Female Roles: Ellie, Katherine, Gretchen, Hannah, Savannah, Laurel, Torrey, Helene, Danielle, Ms Myers, Ms Time, plus
Please complete the registration form and send it in, prepare a musical theatre song in the style of the show, bring picture & resume. We will also have cold reading from the script.
Ellie Blake: our hero- 16, smart, funny, baggy, rumpled clothes, messy hair that hasn't seen a comb today or yesterday
Katherine Blake: Ellie’s mother, 40s, decisive, lovely, punctual
Fletcher Blake: Ellie’s Brother, 1 eccentric, naive, obsessed with his puppets, especially Angry Bob, an enraged purple hippo
Caspian: A proper British starfish
Mike: Katherine’s Fiance, confident, charming, kind
Gretchen: Ellie’s best friend, intense, emotional, lacks confidence
Hannah: also Ellie’s best friend, hacker, geek, nerd
Adam: Listmaster, a paragon of adorable cool
Savannah: the villain, brilliant, aggressive, a winner
Parker: Ellie’s friend, dork but not meek, best friends with Parker
Laurel: Random teen, unimpressed
Torrey: Katherine’s assistant, high-strong perfectionist
Grandpa Gordon: Katherine’s father, grumpy, stubborn, old-school
Grandma Helene: Katherine’s Mother, fiercely opinionated, because she cares
Danielle: Wedding Magazine Journalist, polished, grimly cheerful
Louis: Weddings Magazine photographer, seen it all, loves his job
Dr. Ehrin: School counselor, test-obsessed, over-worked
Mr. Blumen: biology teacher, a cynical lifer
Pastor Bruno: cheerful, loves weddings
Mrs. Luckenbill: english teacher, empathetic
Senor O’Brien: Spanish teacher, extremely intense
Officer Sitz & Kowalski: police officers who never received sensitivity training
Mrs. Time: antique shop proprietor, apathetic, doesn't like teenagers
Thank you everyone who auditioned for Jr. Youth Comapny (ages 10 - 12) and Youth Company age 13+ we are looking forward to an amazing year!
Acting Naturally Youth Company had an unbelievable experience in NYC! It began with a private master dance class with Christopher Young from a Bronx Tale followed by Tom D'Angora - Director/Producer The Marvelous Wonderettes – held a vocal audition master class for our Youth. Saturday our actors performed and did a wonderful job! Sue Delano (My Fair Lady- Bway, Cabaret - Bway, and National Tour with Liza Minnelli) and Meredith Akins (Bway - Wicked, Footloose Momma Mia) Sunday, we saw Once on This Island – A MUST SEE!!!! Followed by a private talk back with the Associate Producer Valerie Novacoff. The experiences we shared and guidance we received from these Broadway Professionals is indescribable! Thank you to everyone who took the time to see our show and teach us about our trade. We will be back January 2019! #BuckstoBroadway
Acting Naturally Youth Company 2018 – 2019
Acting Naturally Youth Company is one of a kind! Our Youth Company Musical Theatre program is designed for boys and girls ages 13+.They will meet September- May on Sundays 3:30 – 6:00pm. Actors are trained in advanced techniques of acting, singing and dancing, along with audition preparation and etiquette.
The group will focus on performance, professionalism and teaching advanced techniques in all areas of acting, singing and dancing. The group will compete and is encouraged by all their Acting Naturally Directors and Choreographer to pursue their dreams in the arts.